Applying Professional Scrum™
Applying Professional Scrum™ is a hands-on, activity-based course where students experience how professional Scrum and the Scrum framework improve their ability to deliver value compared to traditional methods. Scrum provides a better way of working that highlights experimentation, incremental delivery of customer value, frequent feedback loops and the fostering of strong team dynamics.
In this 8 hour class students learn to apply professional Scrum. They experience new, Agile ways of working that enable teams to deliver more value, satisfy stakeholders and work better together. Students work together as a team in a series of Sprints to solve complex problems, facing similar challenges that they face outside of class and learning how to use Scrum to address them. These Sprints enable students to see the practical application of Scrum and to understand the value of an Agile mindset. Additionally, these Sprints expose common missteps and misunderstandings often seen while using Scrum, allowing students to understand the associated symptoms and how to correct them. Students not only learn Scrum; they learn how to use Scrum well.
The Applying Professional Scrum™ is excellent training for organisations, teams, and individuals wanting to experience the benefits of Scrum, or for those interested in continuing their learning with more advanced training:
- Professionals who are part of a team that currently uses Scrum but desire a refresher so that they get the most out of their use of Scrum
- Professionals who are joining a team that currently uses Scrum
- Professionals who don't use Scrum directly but want to learn how to work with colleagues that use Scrum
- Professionals who want to investigate if Scrum makes sense for them and their colleagues
- Professionals who are part of an organisation that intends to use Scrum soon
- Teams who are learning to use Scrum together in their organisations
- Professionals wishing to continue their education with role-focused (Scrum Master, Product Owner, Developer, Leader) accountabilities in and outside Scrum
- Fundamentals of Scrum
- Exploring the Scrum framework
- Deeper into the Scrum framework
- Planning with Scrum
- Getting started
There are no set prerequisites to attend the course.
Training tailored to customer's needs, with real-life examples adjusted to your industry
- Our courses are always delivered by experienced practitioners who actively participate in Agile business transformations on a daily basis.
- Small training group (up to 12 participants on scheduled class) allows for a maximum focus and quality experience of the interactive workshop.
- Included within the course price is one attempt at PSM I assessment which leads to industry-recognised Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certificate upon achieving the pass mark.
- Participants can receive 14 PDU points from the Project Management Institute.
- Participants receive all necessary course materials.
Participants receive a book as a gift from Meirik to help them explore the course topics further.
What do our students say about our training?
This training is available for organisations only.
If you're interested in it - please go to "On-demand class" tab and let us know more about your company needs.
Tell us more about your organisational needs. We will come back with tailored proposal.