Kanban Systems Improvement
Kanban Systems Improvement is a 16 hour course that explores how to improve customer outcomes beyond the initial benefits realised from a successful Kanban implementation. Students learn how to manage and evolve a Kanban system, scale Kanban within organisations, and gain the knowledge and skills needed to bring interconnected services, which span across multiple teams, closer to fit for purpose.
Students completing the course will:
- know how to use Kanban as an evolutionary change method,
- have a fundamental understanding of different levels of maturity of Kanban in your organisation
- be able to identify services within your organisation
- know the three dimensions of scaling up Kanban
- know how to use Kanban cadences to improve enterprise services delivery
- know the difference between Upstream and Downstream Kanban, and how to utilise them best
- be able to perform basic analysis of flow measurements
- know different causes of variability and how to work with bottlenecks
This course is suited for those currently using a Kanban system, have prior experience with Kanban, or are currently in the Kanban Management Professional training series (attended Kanban System Design course). This includes but is not limited to:
- Managers, e.g. delivery leads, project or program managers
- Agile practitioners, e.g. Agile Coaches, Service Delivery Managers or Scrum Masters
- Roles dedicated to maximising the value delivered, e.g. portfolio managers, Product Owners, product managers, or business analysts
- Kanban as an evolutionary change method
- Kanban for the enterprise
- Feedback loops
- Improvement techniques
- Evolutionary change
- Learn how to manage evolutionary change
- Learn how to deal with resistance to change
- Get to know how to utilise the Kanban feedback loops to evolve and improve your Kanban system and the network of interconnected services
- Learn about different approaches to scaling Kanban in the organisation
- Explore techniques to optimise the flow of value in your organisation and predictability of service delivery
- Learn about the flow metrics and how to analyse them
- Learn tools for balancing demand and capacity, including managing variability, improving flow, and shaping demand
- Learn how to use Upstream Kanban for maximising the value of work
- Know how to manage dependencies across multiple Kanban systems
The Kanban Systems improvement (KSI) course is aimed at people who are currently using a Kanban system, have prior experience with Kanban, or attended Kanban System Design class.
We respect your time. We never cancel our training sessions!
- Courses always delivered by experienced Scrum practitioners who on a daily basis actively participate in Agile business transformations.
- Small training group (up to 12 participants on scheduled class) allows for a maximum focus and quality experience of the interactive workshop.
- Kanban Systems Improvement attendance certificate.
- The training is also the second course (after Kanban System Design) required to complete the industry-recognised Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential.
- All necessary course materials
- An e-book as a gift from Kanban University to help you explore the course topics further.
We offer Individual training and business training for you to improve your skills in the workplace, establish meaningful relationships with customers, or manage your workflow. You'll leave feeling confident about yourself, your team, your company, and your future. Contact us and we'll help you start the journey to success.
What do our students say about our training?
This training is available for organisations only.
If you're interested in it - please go to "On-demand class" tab and let us know more about your company needs.
Tell us more about your organisational needs. We will come back with tailored proposal.