Professional Scrum Master™
Professional Scrum Master™ is a 16 hours class where students are challenged to explore the Agile and Scrum principles to understand better what to do when applying Scrum to support their teams and organisations. The course uses a combination of instructor-led and activity-based learning, where students work together in teams. In addition, trainers bring their own Scrum Master experiences and stories to the class and use their skills to deliver the material using their unique delivery style. The result is an engaging, enjoyable learning experience where students gain a deep understanding of Scrum theory and principles, the Scrum Master accountabilities and why each element of the Scrum framework is important.
Students leave this course with an appreciation for professional Scrum, the Agile mindset and how to deal with common myths and impediments to agility. In addition, they gain the knowledge and understanding about how to choose and apply the appropriate practices and techniques that will be most beneficial for their Scrum Teams.
This course is appropriate for students in any industry where teams are working to solve complex problems:
- Practitioners that are interested in starting a career as a Scrum Master
- Scrum Masters, Agile/Scrum Coaches and consultants looking to improve their use of Scrum
- People looking to broaden and deepen their understanding of the Scrum framework and the accountability of the Scrum Master
- Anyone involved in product delivery using Scrum
- Theory and first principles
- The Scrum Framework
- Done and undone
- Product Delivery with Scrum
- People & Teams
- The Scrum Master
- Help Scrum Teams deliver value to their organisation
- Understand the theory and principles behind Scrum and empiricism
- Understand how each part of the Scrum framework ties back to the principles and theory
- Understand uncertainty and complexity in product delivery
- Understand the meaning and importance of the Scrum values
- Learn what Done means and why it is crucial to transparency
- Know how to use the Product Backlog to plan with agility
- Understand the importance of self-managing teams, interpersonal skills needed, and the Scrum Master role
- Clarify the leadership role a Scrum Master plays on the team
- Learn the skills and traits, and behaviour shifts required to be a Scrum Master
There are no set prerequisites to attend the course. However, knowledge of Scrum in a real-world context or experience working in Scrum are helpful.
We respect your time. We never cancel our training sessions!
- Courses always delivered by experienced Scrum practitioners who on a daily basis actively participate in Agile business transformations.
- Small training group (up to 12 participants on scheduled class) allows for a maximum focus and quality experience of the interactive workshop.
- Free attempt at the PSM I assessment allowing the possibility to receive industry-recognised Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certificate.
- 14 PDU points of Project Management Institute.
- All necessary course materials.
- A book as a gift from Meirik to help you explore the course topics further.
We offer Individual training and business training for you to improve your skills in the workplace, establish meaningful relationships with customers, or manage your workflow. You'll leave feeling confident about yourself, your team, your company, and your future. Contact us and we'll help you start the journey to success.
What do our students say about our training?
This training is available for organisations only.
If you're interested in it - please go to "On-demand class" tab and let us know more about your company needs.
Tell us more about your organisational needs. We will come back with tailored proposal.