Professional Scrum™ with Kanban
There are many benefits to optimising the flow of work in Scrum by leveraging Kanban practices. Professional Scrum™ with Kanban is a 16 hour course where students learn the benefits of using Scrum and Kanban together and optimising their workflow by adding four Kanban practices to Scrum:
- Visualising the workflow on a Kanban board
- Limiting Work in Progress (WIP)
- Actively managing work items in progress
- Continually inspecting and adapting the way the team uses flow optimisation
By leveraging these practices, teams improve transparency, collaboration and self-management, ultimately improving their ability to achieve Sprint Goals at a sustainable pace. In addition, this course focuses on helping students track and manage flow metrics to provide more predictable delivery patterns, ultimately helping them overcome common delivery challenges with getting to “Done”. Finally, students will leave with a better understanding of what good Kanban looks like and how to implement it within a professional Scrum environment.
The course is particularly beneficial for:
- Scrum Masters who want to learn how flow, flow metrics and other Kanban practices can help them and their Scrum Teams improve how they work in Scrum
- Scrum practitioners with a desire to improve their current practices and who are interested in learning how Kanban practices can help them and their teams improve
- Professionals who have experience working with proficient Scrum Teams
- Agile Coaches willing to expand their toolkit
- Professional Scrum primer
- Kanban theory, principles, and practices
- Kanban in practice
- Scrum with Kanban
- Understand flow and Kanban practices from the perspective of the Scrum Team
- Explain how Kanban practices can be used to improve flow within a Sprint
- Increase transparency by helping the Scrum Team visualise their workflow
- Use data to create a Scrum Team’s service level expectation (SLE) for use in improving delivery predictability
- Apply the concept of flow and Kanban practices during Scrum Events
- Assist the team in overcoming common flow challenges by actively managing work in progress (WIP)
The Professional Scrum™ with Kanban course is designed for experienced Scrum practitioners who have a good understanding of professional Scrum and a desire to learn how to implement Kanban practices with their Scrum Teams. Ideally, attendees have read the Kanban Guide for Scrum Teams and have passed the PSM I assessment.
We respect your time. We never cancel our training sessions!
- Courses always delivered by experienced Scrum practitioners who on a daily basis actively participate in Agile business transformations.
- Small training group (up to 12 participants on scheduled class) allows for a maximum focus and quality experience of the interactive workshop.
- Free attempt at the PSK I assessment allowing the possibility to receive industry-recognised Professional Scrum with Kanban I (PSK I) certificate.
- 14 PDU points of Project Management Institute.
- All necessary course materials.
- A book as a gift from Meirik to help you explore the course topics further.
We offer Individual training and business training for you to improve your skills in the workplace, establish meaningful relationships with customers, or manage your workflow. You'll leave feeling confident about yourself, your team, your company, and your future. Contact us and we'll help you start the journey to success.
What do our students say about our training?
This training is available for organisations only.
If you're interested in it - please go to "On-demand class" tab and let us know more about your company needs.
Tell us more about your organisational needs. We will come back with tailored proposal.