Professional Scrum™ with UX
In this 16 hours class students will leverage an ongoing case study as a way of applying techniques learned throughout the class and preparing to take what they learn back to their workplace. This course is designed for Product Owners and Scrum Masters to better incorporate design, research and learning into their Scrum process.
Lean UX techniques focus the team toward customer-centric design and discovery. Scrum focuses the team toward rapid delivery and customer feedback. By bringing together Lean UX and Scrum, teams learn how to drive the design together with delivery, in short, iterative cycles to assess what works best for the business and the user.
Leveraging Lean UX techniques, the course takes core design and research activities, illustrating how they come together with development and delivery. Attendees explore how these activities fit into a dual-track agile process (Design and Development) where cross-functional teams can work together to explore, experiment and deliver value-based outcomes.
This course was created together with Jeff Gothelf and Joshua Seiden, the authors of the book Lean UX, leveraging their expertise and knowledge. The goal of working together is to help students learn the truth about many of the myths that exist when it comes to bringing together design and development activities and how to overcome the challenges that come with this integrated team approach.
- Scrum Masters and Product Owners
They will learn how to integrate the UX speciality with what they already know about the power of self-organizing cross-functional teams. This will enable them to help Developers learn about the customer, plan learning/discovery/design work, and still deliver a "Done" increment each Sprint.
In addition, Scrum Masters will learn how to incorporate product discovery techniques into Sprints and balance the product discovery work with the product delivery work. Product Owners will learn product discovery techniques that User Experience Designers use to better understand users' needs.
- UX Professionals struggling to integrate on a Scrum Team will learn how to work more effectively inside Scrum, managing work in Sprints and visualising it in the Product Backlog.
- People who have learned about Lean UX and want to learn how to integrate those concepts into Professional Scrum working together in a unified Scrum Team.
- Scrum and UX fundamentals
- Framing work as problems to solve
- Scrum deep dive
- Outcomes over output
- Managing UX work inside Scrum
- Focus on users
- Hypotheses and experimentation
- Gain a common understanding of what is meant by Professional Scrum
- Dispel many myths about User Experience and its relationship to Agile and Scrum
- Experience how the UX mindset and the Scrum framework complement, align and integrate
- Learn the advantages of thinking of work as problems to solve, and the Business Problem Statement's role in this
- Understand how the Scrum Team can connect more closely with end users and customers
- Understand how "easily" and "quickly" we can do product development and include UX
- Learn the advantages of thinking of work as problems to solve and how Business Problem Statements can frame the discussion
- Learn common patterns for employing UX practices within a Sprint and within a cross-functional team that includes UX Professionals
- Learn how to plan and balance both discovery and delivery work
- Leave with some UX techniques that can be accomplished within the Scrum Team
- Understand how anyone on the Scrum Team can support UX practices in support of the product
- Focus on outcomes and impacts over outputs
- Embrace the need to release and use measurements to validate outcomes
- Realize the importance of incorporating UX work as part of the Product Backlog
- Learn the value of testing hypotheses with experiments
- Understand how to design experiments to be as low-cost, low-risk as possible and how to make them "ride the Truth Curve" as you increase investment
There are no set prerequisites to attend the course. However, a good understanding of Scrum and Agile fundamentals is helpful.
We respect your time. We never cancel our training sessions!
- Courses always delivered by experienced Scrum practitioners who on a daily basis actively participate in Agile business transformations.
- Small training group (up to 12 participants on scheduled class) allows for a maximum focus and quality experience of the interactive workshop.
- Free attempt at the PSU I assessment allowing the possibility to receive industry-recognised Professional Scrum with User Experience I (PSU I) certificate.
- 14 PDU points of Project Management Institute.
- All necessary course materials.
- A book as a gift from Meirik to help you explore the course topics further.
We offer Individual training and business training for you to improve your skills in the workplace, establish meaningful relationships with customers, or manage your workflow. You'll leave feeling confident about yourself, your team, your company, and your future. Contact us and we'll help you start the journey to success.
What do our students say about our training?
This training is available for organisations only.
If you're interested in it - please go to "On-demand class" tab and let us know more about your company needs.
Tell us more about your organisational needs. We will come back with tailored proposal.