Kanban Systems Improvement is a 16 hour course that explores how to improve customer outcomes beyond the initial benefits realised from a successful Kanban implementation. Students learn how to manage and evolve a Kanban system, scale Kanban within organisations, and gain the knowledge and skills needed to bring interconnected services, which span across multiple teams, closer to fit for purpose.
Students completing the course will:
- know how to use Kanban as an evolutionary change method,
- have a fundamental understanding of different levels of maturity of Kanban in your organisation
- be able to identify services within your organisation
- know the three dimensions of scaling up Kanban
- know how to use Kanban cadences to improve enterprise services delivery
- know the difference between Upstream and Downstream Kanban, and how to utilise them best
- be able to perform basic analysis of flow measurements
- know different causes of variability and how to work with bottlenecks
The Kanban Systems improvement (KSI) course is aimed at people who are currently using a Kanban system, have prior experience with Kanban, or attended Kanban System Design class.